League Cup Competition 2018/19 Dec 31, 2018 10:40:50 GMT
Post by tengu on Dec 31, 2018 10:40:50 GMT
The League Cup competition starts on Jan 7th and consists of 5 fixtures. Each team plays every other team just once, either home or away. The match format / rules for this year's competition are below:
League Cup Match Rules
- A match shall comprise three singles and two doubles games. Games 1 to 3 are singles; games 4 and 5 are doubles. The home team takes the break in games 2 and 4; the away team takes the break in games 1, 3 and 5. One point shall be awarded for each game won.
- Players for the singles games shall be drawn at random by the team captains before play starts. Unless a side has fewer than 5 players available on the night, each captain shall submit at least 5, and up to 7, names into the draw.
- Players for the doubles game shall be nominated by the team captains before each game. The home captain shall nominate first. Any player from the singles draw who did not play singles, must play in one of the doubles games. The other places in the doubles games may be taken by players who played in the singles games or by other available registered players.
- If a team has only 4 available players, these 4 names shall go into the singles draw, and the same 4 players shall play in the doubles.
- If a team has fewer than 4 available players, then 3 names shall go into the singles draw, and only one doubles game shall be played, the other being forfeited. The side that is not short-handed shall take the break in this doubles game.
- No player shall play in both doubles games. No player shall take the break in more than one game.