League Cup competition format 2021/22 Dec 30, 2021 16:42:47 GMT
Post by tengu on Dec 30, 2021 16:42:47 GMT
The League Cup competition starts on Jan 10th and consists of 4 fixtures over 5 weeks. Each team plays every other team just once, either home or away. This year the competition will include a player handicap, an opening break cap and a bonus match point.
The match format / rules for this year's competition are below:
League Cup match rules
- A match shall comprise three singles and two doubles games. Games 1 to 3 are singles; games 4 and 5 are doubles. The home team takes the break in games 2 and 4; the away team takes the break in games 1, 3 and 5. One point shall be awarded for each game won, plus an extra point for the match.
- In each game a handicap will apply, based on the players' individual handicap band, and the table rating. Both players will be credited with their handicap bonus before start of play. For pairs, the handicap band of the 'stronger' player will be counted. See below for handicap system.
- In all games, a cap of 3000 will apply on the first visit to the table of each side (NOT each player in doubles games). In such case, if a successful shot would result in the break score equalling or exceeding 3000, the scorer shall call end of break and the break score, including any excess over 3000, shall be recorded.
- Players for the singles games shall be drawn at random by the team captains before play starts. Unless a side has fewer than 5 players available on the night, each captain shall submit at least 5, and up to 7, names into the draw.
- Players for the doubles game shall be nominated by the team captains before each game. The home captain shall nominate first. Any player from the singles draw who did not play singles, must play in one of the doubles games. The other places in the doubles games may be taken by players who played in the singles games or by other available registered players.
- If a team has only 4 available players, these 4 names shall go into the singles draw, and the same 4 players shall play in the doubles.
- If a team has fewer than 4 available players, then 3 names shall go into the singles draw, and only one doubles game shall be played, the other being forfeited. The side that is not short-handed shall take the break in this doubles game.
- No player shall play in both doubles games. No player shall take the break in more than one game.
- In the event of a black peg, a player's score shall be returned to their original handicap bonus.